Google just announced the introduction of Google+ Business Pages a collection of tools and products that help you grow your audience. At the core of this is Google+ Pages, your site’s identity on Google+.
You can create a Google+ Business Page on https://plus.google.com/pages/create. It’s not yet available for everyone, but will be “soon” according to Google. If it available for you then you will be given the following category options:
- Local Business or Place
- Product or Brand
- Company, Institution or Organization
- Arts, Entertainment or Sports
Google+ pages interact in the Google+ world similar to the way that regular Google+ profile owners do – they can
- add people to circles,
- edit their profile,
- share things in Google+,
- +1 comments and photos, and
- create and join Hangouts.
But Google+ pages and Google+ profiles are not entirely the same.
Differences between Google+ Pages and Google+ Profiles
- Pages are extremely similar to profiles, but they have some key differences:
- Pages can’t add people to circles until the page is added first or mentioned. Learn more.
- Pages can be made for a variety of different entities whereas profiles can only be made for people.
- The default privacy setting for elements on your page profile is public.
- Pages have the +1 button.
- Pages can’t +1 other pages, nor can they +1 stuff on the Web.
- Pages can’t play games.
- Pages don’t have the option to share to ‘Extended circles’.
- Pages don’t receive notifications via email, text, or in the Google bar.
- Pages can’t hangout on a mobile device.
- Local pages have special fields that help people find the business’ physical location. Learn more about local pages.
Some of the organization business pages already available are
All American Rejects
Anderson Cooper 360
Barcelona Football Club
Good Morning America
Save the Children
Special Report with Bret Baier
We too just created our page on WebPro Technologies
Google has also uploaded a video regarding business pages:
Its always great to have a clear identity about your business and personal profiles on social media . These kind of demarcations also draw a clear line between social media marketing and social media optimization . As having a social media presence for any business is essential but setting the purpose for using the social media platform wisely to attain maximum reach and benefit is also essential.
Our blog post on http://blog.webpro.in/2011/07/setting-purpose-of-your-social-media.html has more information about it.