Mark Zuckerberg, Chairman and CEO of Facebook, interacted with students and faculty of IIT Delhi in a town-hall meeting at the institute’s campus today. 900 students interact with Mark Zuckerberg .
Highlights of FaceBook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s address at IIT Delhi :
- India is the second biggest community we have in the world.
- Connecting people in India is the biggest thing that we can do in the whole world.
- There are about 4 billion people in the world who do not have internet access.
- You cannot provide the whole internet for free. Countries are still figuring out Net Neutrality rules.
- Most people pushing for net neutrality have free internet access.
- Every ten people that get internet access , one job is created and one person is lifted out of poverty.
- We lobby for Net Neutrality across the world and continue to provide access to the people as well.
- We are all humans, no one is perfect
A word of advice for young students from Mark Zuckerberg:
“The skills you learn in college are what will help you the most. Just keep doing what you want to and do not let people get in the way.”
This is the second time he is visiting India. He also said Facebook won’t be able to achieve its mission of connecting the world without connecting India.
Signing off he says he will visit India again soon.
Mark posted on his FB page today:
Yesterday he visited the Taj Mahal: