Looking for a new job?
Google wants to hire a SEO Manager to improve its organic search presence.
Google published the vacancy on the Google careers Portal :
As a Program Manager for Technical SEO, you will work with cross-functional teams across Marketing, Sales, Product Development, Engineering and more to help drive organic traffic and business growth. You will take part in website development and optimization, help shape blog and social strategy, improve website code hygiene and define web architecture for international websites.
The Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is driving the next wave of cloud computing. From lightning fast IaaS to innovate container technology to massive data analysis, GCP is pushing the envelope.http://www.webpro.in/looking-for-a-new-job-google-is-looking-for-program-manager-search-engine-optimization/ As the Cloud SEO program manager, you will be a member of both the Google Cloud Platform Marketing team and the Cloud Web Development team responsible for optimizing the customer journey through search. You will work on projects that require broad cross-functional coordination coupled with a deep knowledge of the cloud computing space.
- Architect, design, develop and maintain innovative, engaging and informative sites for a worldwide audience.
- Maintain and develop the web code to ensure quality, content and readability by search engines.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine and internet marketing industry trends and developments and report changes as needed.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from Marketing, Product and Engineering partners to push for technical SEO best practices.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience developing websites and applications with SQL, HTML5, and XML.
- 2 years of SEO experience.
- Experience with Google App Engine, Google Custom Search, Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics and experience creating and maintaining project schedules using project management systems.
- Experience working with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata and site speed optimization to optimize website performance.
- Experience in quantifying marketing impact and SEO performance and strong understanding of technical SEO (sitemaps, crawl budget, canonicalization, etc.).
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Java, C/C++, or Python.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to dig extensively into metrics and analytics.
Think before you say… SEO IS DEAD. Even the Search Giant is serious about its organic search presence